Adelante Progressive Caucus values:
- Social, racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice;
- Ecological care of the Earth and all life;
- Principles and practices of peace in our state, country, and across the world.
To advance these values, the Adelante Progressive Caucus will work to:
- Create transparency and accountability in all functions of our state and national party;
- Reach out to historically underrepresented communities across our state to include their voices in the democratic process;
- Promote democracy by insisting that our elected officials represent the values and interests of ALL the diverse peoples and lands of New Mexico;
- Eliminate the influence of big money, whether corporate or individual from elections and the legislative process.
We believe the Democratic Party needs to adhere to the principles included in the Preamble of the Charter of the Democratic Party of the United States:
“[A] political party which wishes to lead must listen to those it would lead, a party which asks for the people’s trust must prove that it trusts the people and a party which hopes to call forth the best the Nation can achieve must embody the best of the Nation’s heritage and traditions.”
“[A]ware that a party must be responsive to be worthy of responsibility, we pledge ourselves to open, honest endeavor and to the conduct of public affairs in a manner worthy of a society of
(Excerpted from the Preamble of the Charter of the Democratic Party of the United States)
Together, we can work within the party to ensure that all voices are heard and our elected officials are held accountable.
We invite you to join the Adelante Progressive Caucus today.
All registered Democrats are welcome!